1. The connection of Raspberry
As the master controller of Diego 1#, Raspberry connects with other modules via following interface to implement its control logic.
- One USB2.0 interface connects with USB Type B interface of Arduino UNO. Raspberry sends commands to Arduino UNO via serial port. This interface also provides power supply to Arduino UNO.
- One USB2.0 interface connects with USB Micro of Flash lidar F4 laser radar. Laser radar sends data via serial port.
- Buck module provides power supply to Raspberry via USB interface.
Following chart shows the connection of Raspberry:
2. The connection of Arduino UNO
As the executive controller of Diego 1#, UNO connects with related hardware directly
- Connecting with Raspberry via USB Type B interface to receive control command from serial bus.
- Connecting with servo control board via IIC interface, also sending servo control command.
- Connecting with motor shield L298P via PWM interface to control motor speed.
- Conneting with motor shield L298P via digital output pin to control motor direction.
- Connecting with hall-sensor signal output pin via out-INT and hardware interrupt pin to get motor rotation turns
- 5V voltage output provides power supply of servo control board and hall-sensor of motor.
Following chart show the connection of Arduino.
L298P is a shield of Aruduio, it can be plug-in Arduino directly, for convenient cable trace, an IO extension board of Arduino is used for L298P, as shown in following figure.
3. The connection of servo control board and 6 DOF manipulator
16-line servo control board PCA9685
- Each servo current is around 0.5A, total 3.5A current is required for 6 DOF manipulator plus servo of mechanical grabber, so servo control board needs a separate powered supply.
- In servo control board, 0~5th channel are used for manipulator control and 6th channel is used for mechanical grabber control.
4. Power supply
- As there are many electrical equipment and high requirement on current in Diego 1#, so dual power supply solution is provided, one for Raspberry, Arduino and chassis motor and the other for servo of mechanical grabber.
- Mechnical part of Diego 1# uses finished product solution , so the assembly can refer to related product manual.
- During installation, different types of screw driver and electric drill will be used
- Power supply must take care of the power requirement of equipment, otherwise uncertain question will occur.